Saturday, September 6, 2008

Garlic Chicken

This is another recipe from a Southern Living cookbook I walk past multiple times in a day yet never think to look at for dinner ideas. And again everything I've tried in this one (this is a different one than I used for the pizza recipe) has been good. Actually as I was flipping through it I saw a chicken casserole recipe that I'd written, "Really good and really easy" next to, but I had absolutely no recollection of making it. So it's good I deface my cookbooks and make notes in them. :)

Garlic Chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 Tbsp)
1 cup apple juice
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pepper

Dredge chicken in flour. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.

Add apple juice, lemon juice, and pepper to skillet; bring mixture to a boil. Boil, uncovered, 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.

*****

I'm excited to try this, I'm always on the lookout for new ways to cook chicken. With it we're going to have one of Pioneer Woman'srecipes for Crash Hot Potatoes. She posted the recipe awhile ago, and I thought they looked good. Somehow they popped in my head when I was figuring out dinners. They sound super easy and really tasty.

The husband is going to play nine holes of golf with our friend Steve around 6:00, so I'm going to make this for us after they get back, the boy's getting chicken nuggets so I don't have to make dinner twice.

No comments: