Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pigs in a Blanket

I told you it was no-frills week at our house! Let me just say that driving school last night SUCKED. I think I would have rather gotten the two points on my license than sat through that. Really it just reaffirmed my belief that most people driving are complete idiots. I did learn, however, that in AZ, it's legal to have an alcoholic beverage in the backseat of a taxi. That wasn't covered in class, but it was in the book from the AZ DMV.

Anyway, we're having Pigs in a Blanket tonight. I made them awhile back when I went to San Diego with some friends. Our kids all loved them. My sis-in-law, Tracie, made them for dinner when we went to Houston back in February, and the husband devoured them. Tracie mostly made them for the kids because she'd made really yummy tortilla soup for us, but the husband and his brother had some, too.

Pigs In A Blanket
8 hot dogs
4 slices American cheese, each cut into 6 strips
1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1. Heat oven to 375°F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.
2. Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
3. Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

*****

Super easy and so tasty. And it could be vegetarian if you used the veggie dogs for it.

No comments: