Saturday, November 24, 2007

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps

I hope everyone has been enjoying the Thanksgiving weekend! I've been enjoying not having to cook! ;) I was going to post my apple pie recipe, but it didn't turn out how it used to, so I figured it wasn't worth it. Not sure what the problem was with it, but I wasn't pleased with the outcome, although everyone that had it said they liked it. Last night we ended up getting pizza to help the husband's depression after LSU lost to Arkansas...he equated it to a girl eating ice cream after a break-up. Whatever--just meant I didn't have to cook!

The husband is off playing golf this afternoon, and tonight we want to go to a holiday lights parade. I figured crockpot was the way to go so I wouldn't have to figure out timing on a dinner that we could have in the brief time between when he gets home from golf and when we have to leave for the parade. We haven't had this in awhile, and it's one of our favorites, so I thought it would be a good way to go. Actually I need to get it thrown in the crockpot so it's ready to eat when we need it!

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps
1 16-oz can nonfat refried beans
1 8-oz package nonfat cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 4-oz can diced green chilies, drained
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
4 98% fat free flour tortillas

Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine refried beans, cream cheese, chilies, and green onions in slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking. If cooking on low heat, increase to high. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheesse and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over top. Warm tortillas. Spoon bean mixture into tortillas; roll and serve immediately. Can be served with tortilla chipos instead of tortillas.

*****

I just realized I'm not sure if I have green chilies or not. That's something I usually keep on hand, but I may have used the last can for enchiladas a couple weeks ago. Oh well, I don't think it will make too much difference if I don't have them.

I should be back on the blog wagon after today since it will be back to making dinner every night. I need to review my list of what I have planned, but I think there's some good stuff coming your way!

No comments: