Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Review

The biscuits and gravy were fan-freakin'-tastic!! We were both quite impressed with them. I thought the gravy could have used a little more flavor, but the husband really liked it. We both had seconds which doesn't happen very often. I buy Morningstar Farms veggie sausage patties, so I cooked those in a skillet and then cut them up into small pieces for the gravy. They kind of crumbled as I was cutting, so it worked out.

This is something I will definitely make again! My timing for everything was a bit off but only because I'd never cooked the sausage in a skillet (normally we cook one or two at a time and do them in the microwave). But now I know how long they'll take and can adjust everything for that.

Oh, I think it would work just fine with regular (i.e. non-veggie) sausage, too.

No comments: