Monday, February 9, 2009

Leftovers

I was going to make something new for dinner tonight, but in getting out stuff for lunch today for the boy and me, I realized we have an insane amount of leftovers. Chicken fajitas from last week, roast beef and funeral potatoes from Saturday, gumbo from last night. So I thought why add to the clutter of my fridge, we'll just eat what's in there, and I'll cook tomorrow night. That means I'll have to cut something I had planned on making later in the week, but I have two ideas what that could be.

By the way, I made a fabulous panini for lunch yesterday, and I'm having one again today. I used a french roll leftover from the french dips, spread some BBQ sauce on both sides, then added roast beef, cheddar cheese, and sliced red onion. Lordy mama, was it good. In fact when I told the husband it was leftovers tonight, he said he wants a panini like I had yesterday and a side of gumbo. I told him that was exactly what I was having for lunch.

No comments: