Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pork Chops and Swamp

It had been a loooooooooong time since we've had this, and it sounded so good to me. It's one of my favorite dinners. Really any time there are mashed potatoes involved, I'm a happy girl. My brother and I started calling the sauce "swamp" when we were little, and it stuck.

Pork Chops and Swamp
4 pork chops (I like boneless but you can use bone-in)
mustard
flour
oil
1 packet Lipton Noodle Soup
Water

Spread each side of the pork chops with mustard, then dredge in flour. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and add pork chops. Brown on each side. Sprinkle one packet of noodle soup in pan around the pork chops (not on the pork chops). Add water to pan to about the top of the pork chops. Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring "swamp" and adding more water as necessary.

Serve with mashed potatoes using swamp as gravy.

*****

Like I said in my last post, I think I'm going to start making double swamp (two packets of soup mix) because the boy and I heart it so much. Here are some pictures from the last time I made it if you want a step by step guide of how to do it and how this all works.

I kind of want to have it again already...

No comments: