Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps

Have you guys missed me? Sorry I've been MIA! My dinner plans last week got a big messed up, then Friday night my mom kept the boy so the husband and I could have a date night, and Saturday night we went to my uncle's and he grilled us ahi tuna steaks. I love my uncle. I don't remember what we had Sunday night, so it couldn't have been anything too spectacular. I did bake a chocolate cake. Oh! We had grilled pizzas. Last night we had some Trader Joe's chicken burgers (thanks, Jen B!) that were just a throw-on-the-grill-and-heat.

I had originally planned on having this for dinner tomorrow night, but I don't feel like cooking tonight, so a crockpot dinner is the perfect solution. Plus the boy was up for several hours in the middle of the night puking his guts out, so I'm tired and a shortcut dinner sounds pretty darn good. By the way, if you know why kids always get sick in the middle of the night and not, say, in the middle of the morning, I'd love to know why that is. Thankfully this hasn't happened too many times. And also thankfully, my wonderful husband went in to work late this morning so I could go back to sleep for awhile after having spent a few hours with a puking kid sitting on my lap in the middle of the night.

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps
1 16-oz can nonfat refried beans
1 8-oz package nonfat cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 4-oz can diced green chilies, drained
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
4 98% fat free flour tortillas

Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine refried beans, cream cheese, chilies, and green onions in slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking. If cooking on low heat, increase to high. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheesse and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over top. Warm tortillas. Spoon bean mixture into tortillas; roll and serve immediately. Can be served with tortilla chips instead of tortillas.

*****

Guess I'd better get this thrown together. I'm ashamed to admit (okay, not really) that I have a sink full of dirty dishes from yesterday. I ran the dishwasher Sunday night then forgot to empty it yesterday. When it came time to do dishes after dinner, I wasn't motivated to empty it then, so they stayed sitting in there and the dirty dishes festered in the sink. If I don't work on it now, I hate to see what it would look like tomorrow.

No comments: