Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Green Chile Frittata

We are finally back in the land of the living!! Took long enough. The boy is still kind of fighting the virus, if he has milk he throws up again. Yuck. I'm still hovering between sick and well. Sometimes I feel great, othertimes I feel sick again. Food is a bit of an issue, too. A lot of stuff still doesn't sound good, so it was really hard to come up with dinner ideas for the week...especially since I was still sick when planning them.

So tonight I think I'm going to try this recipe I found on allrecipes.com for Green Chile Frittata. There are a couple things on my menu plan for the week that sound better, but I'm missing a couple ingredients. This doesn't sound stellar to me right now, but I don't have many other options. Hopefully by dinner time it will be more appealing.

Green Chile Frittata
10 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 (7 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
1 (16 ounce) container low-fat cottage cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup melted butter

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the green chile peppers, cottage cheese, Cheddar cheese, and melted butter. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool slightly, and cut into small squares.

*****

I think I'm going to cut it in half because I don't need a whole 9x13 pan of this. It said it makes 10 servings which is way too many anyway. We'll see how it turns out. I hope it starts to sound better to me because it sounded really good when I first came across it. I don't know what we'll have with it, I can't think that far ahead right now.

No comments: