Saturday, January 1, 2011

My 2011 Blog Project

First of all, Happy New Year everyone!! Let me tell you, I was ready to be done with 2010. It had its high points, but my dad dying really dragged down the whole year. So I'm excited for 2011 and what it will bring for myself and my family. We have some fun trips in the works, I've decided to start running, I'm planning on being more organized around the house, and I really want to get back to scrapbooking on a regular basis.

Now for the blog project. My friend Jen and I both have ridiculously extensive cookbook collections, so in an attempt to justify keeping them (and buying more) we decided that each week we'll chose one of our cookbooks and plan 2-4 meals for the week from that particular book. I'm really excited to try some new recipes and explore some cookbooks that have been neglected.

I think I'm going to take it one step further. I have a few fancy cookbooks that I normally just look through and drool over the recipes, but I think one Friday a month (maybe more, we'll see) I'm going to do a fancy date night dinner for the husband and me.

Happy 2011 to everyone!!

No comments: