Saturday, March 20, 2010

Still here!!

Oh man, I was doing so well there for awhile at updating my blog in a timely manner. Then my birthday hit and I did nothing. Well, I did a lot of stuff, but none of it included updating the blog. I turned the big 33 last Wednesday, and pretty much feasted for five days straight. My actual birthday the husband took the day off work, and we had a great family day. I was served breakfast in bed (bacon and eggs, with the eggs cooked in the bacon grease...be still my beating heart...which may be the actual outcome if I ate that too often), we went to lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, Kona Grill and feasted on sushi and a huge piece of the tastiest red velvet cake I've ever had compliments of the restaurant for my birthday. Nice!! For dinner we went to another favorite restaurant of my mom, courtesy of my awesome mom, TexAZ Grill. I may have mentioned it before. My friend Benah and I used to go for lunch fairly often when we were pregnant and indulge in their amazing chicken fried steak. The husband questioned my restaurant choice, but he questioned no more once he tasted the prime rib he got. Lordy mama, it was some of the best prime rib I've ever had. I, of course, stuck with my usual chicken fried steak because it was my birthday and I could indulge all I wanted.

Moving along, Thursday night I cooked something but now I don't remember what it was. It was supposed to be a roasted chicken, but I forgot to take it out of the freezer in time. Friday night was my birthday present from my husband, we went to see "Avenue Q" which was freakin' hilarious!!!

Saturday I had my cheese class which was totally amazing--you have no idea how easy it is to make cheese! Well, some kinds of cheese anyway. I'll have to do a cheese post at some point. I don't remember what we had for dinner that night either because we were going to have something that used the leftover chicken from Thursday night, but since that didn't happen I had to come up with something else. Must not have been too overly exciting.

Sunday night was my birthday dinner with my family, and my almost 92 year old grandma made her amazing fried chicken and gravy for it. I swear I could eat my weight in that. Okay maybe not that...maybe my ideal weight. So of course I overindulged then, too. After all was said and done, I weighed myself on Monday morning and found I was up 10 pounds. YIKES. Thankfully, though, after a day of healthy eating and massive water consumption I was down seven pounds on Tuesday. Phew! I don't feel so bad about three pounds given the insane indulging I did.

So now I have this whole last week's worth of dinners to post, all of which were new recipes to me, so I definitely want to get them done. However I've felt all week like I'm going in a million different directions at any given moment and not getting anything accomplished. I hate when that happens. My blog hasn't been updated, my house is a disaster, I need to do laundry. Seriously, I don't know what's been going on with me. I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow, so I'm thinking Monday during naptime I'll devote to getting the blog updated. I had planned on doing it tonight, but a friend of ours is over and I got busy chatting with him and the husband, and now I'm exhausted and have to be out of the house by 7:15 tomorrow morning. I think the cards are stacked against me tonight, but hang tight because just about everything I'm going to post is worth reading!! We've had some tasty, tasty dinners this past week!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Excuses, excuses.... ;) Welcome back to the blog! LOL

I can't wait to hear/see more from your cheese class.