Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

Awhile back (okay, it was September so it was quite awhile ago I guess) I made up the filling for qunioa stuffed peppers (the link will be below). The husband thought it looked gross, so instead we ended up having some vegetarian lasagna that had been in the freezer. I couldn't let it go to waste, so I put the filling in the freezer. Once it all came together it tasted good, but by that point the lasagna was already heating up. I'd kept it in the back of my head that the filling was still in the freezer, and when I saw red peppers at Costco last Friday I decided it was time to break this out and have it. Although honestly now knowing it's been in the freezer for almost six months I'm a little hesitant. I'll have to see how it's doing once I defrost it...I may need a last minute dinner back-up plan.

Quinoa Stuffed Peppers

Strangely enough there was a stuffed peppers recipe I came across in my Weight Watchers magazine I was reading at the gym yesterday, so maybe if this isn't going to work out I'll go with that instead.

No comments: