Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Shrimp and Crab Dip

I wanted to have some kind of dip for the party, so I pulled out my Best of Louisiana cookbook for some ideas. I thought this sounded good and easy...that was all I needed!

Shrimp and Crab Dip

2 cans Small Shrimp
2 blocks Cream Cheese (8 Ounces Each)
½ cans Shrimp Juice
Juice Of 2 Lemons
1 Tablespoon Grated Onion
1 teaspoon Pressed Garlic
1 can Crabmeat (6.5 Ounces)
Tabasco To Taste

Drain shrimp and reserve the juice. Cream the cheese and combine with shrimp juice. Add lemon juice, onion, garlic, crabmeat, Tabasco, and half of the shrimp. Add the last of the shrimp and fold in carefully. Serve with Ritz crackers.

*****

This was REALLY good! I couldn't stop eating it. I think I could have added in more of the shrimp juice, but I didn't want it to be overpowering and figured the flavor would get stronger the longer it sat. This is something I will definitely make again!!

No comments: