Friday, September 25, 2009

Banana Bread

My friend Laura had a fun "end of summer" party at her house today for all the kiddos. She had two little pools set up in her backyard, a slip & slide, a water table, and we had a potluck picnic lunch. It was such a great idea!! The kids all played outside and had a blast while the mommies got to sit around talking. I mentioned at one point I had made banana bread yesterday, and Jen B. said I should post the recipe because it was super easy. I checked the Weight Watchers website for a recipe but didn't like what I found. I also checked Cooking Light and found some that looked good, but the ones I liked I was missing some of the ingredients. So I checked RecipeZaar.com and found one that was super easy and came up when I used healthy recipes as a qualifier in my search. (Wow..."qualifier in my search" is a phrase I haven't used in quite some time!) This was by far the easiest banana bread recipe I have ever made!

Banana Bread

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour one loaf pan.

Mix ingredients in the order listed. Pour into loaf pan and bake one hour or until the loaf tests clean.

*****

See? Totally easy! I tell ya, banana bread does not last long around here. There are maybe two slices left in the pan. A bunch of banana bread fiends I have on my hands! This was really good, and like I said, super easy. However, when I put it into the WW Recipe Builder tool, it came out as 4 points per slice (assuming 14 slices in the loaf), which doesn't really make it worth it to me. Yeah it's good, but I can think of better ways to use four points than on a slice of banana bread. Like...two light beers! ;)

No comments: