Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I guess technically I can't really say that until tomorrow, huh. Oh well. It's my blog, I'll do and say what I want...within reason. My mom reads this, and I wouldn't want to offend her. ;)

This is a weird New Years Eve, probably because we have absolutely nothing planned, and for the first time in at least 18 years I most likely will not be staying up until midnight. For the past several years the husband and I have opted to stay home and celebrate by eating king crab legs and having cocktails. The boy usually stays at my mom's house, but this year with the new baby we're all just hanging out here. The husband and I are still having king crab legs, but no cocktails for me...which is kind of too bad because a vodka and sprite sounds really yummy to me right now. Oh well...all in due time. When I was at Trader Joe's a couple weeks ago with Jen B., I bought some Fondue Brie. They were giving samples of it, and it was oh-so-yummy. So we'll have that as an appetizer and then the crab legs later on.

To show that I wasn't always such a New Years Eve fuddy-duddy, here are a couple pics from year's past. Most of my fun NYE pics were on film, and I don't feel like busting out the scanner, so this will have to do. But, I will say that one year I was skinny and hot enough to wear vinyl pants and be on a VIP guest list at a club in Seattle. Sigh...those days are long gone.

This is my friend John and me celebrating NYE 2000 I think it was:


This is the husband and me NYE 2002 in San Francisco (see...I used to even travel to cool places to celebrate!):


And, no, I am not wearing the same thing in both pictures.

So, happy new year everyone!! I'll be back in 2009 with more yummy dinners! ;)

No comments: