Saturday, December 27, 2008

Catching Up

I'm too lazy to do separate entries for all the things we had while my in-laws were in town, so I thought I'd do one post to cover all of them and just link to previous blog posts with the recipes. Okay...you got me...the real reason is that I started the last book in the Twilight series, and I'm dying to get back to reading. I'm uploading all of our Christmas pictures onto the computer, so while I'm stuck sitting here (342 pictures takes awhile...) I thought I'd update the ol' blog. I do have a couple new recipes to add, but those will have to wait for later. I think it's just two--a salsa recipe my MIL made and some cookies I made.

Eggplant Parmesan: just as good as the first time I made it. Time-consuming to prepare but so totally worth it!!

Homemade Pizza: We used this dough recipe for pizzas but did them on our fancy new grill. They turned out great! This was, I think, the first time I'd used this dough on the grill.

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps: good as usual...this is one of the husband's absolute favorite dinners.

Aurelia's Lasagna: I can't take credit for this because my mother-in-law made it for us for dinner on Christmas Eve, but I do have the recipe on my blog.

That's all I remember making. Tonight we just had leftover lasagna. Tomorrow night I'm trying a chicken recipe from my new Giada cookbook. The baby is having a growth spurt which means he wants to eat ALL THE TIME, so if I can ever get him to stop eating I may try to run to Target and pick up the new Barefoot Contessa cookbook. Actually they had it at Costco last time I was there, and I do need a few things from there. Maybe I'll brave it alone with both kids sometime early in the week.

No comments: