Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Jen Hatmaker's Barbecue Braised Beans and Chicken

I have to say I'm kind of enjoying being back at this...although I also hesitate to say that in case the novelty wears off, and I stop with the updates!  

I just love Jen Hatmaker.  Her Facebook posts, podcast, books.  I kind of feel like we could be best friends if we actually knew each other.  Maybe that's an overstatement, but I adore her.  The last time we were in Austin, TX I secretly hoped I'd run into here somewhere.  Awhile back she posted a picture of a pot soaking in a sink from a dinner she had made, and it really resonated with me because a lot of times I also have a pot soaking the sink, but mostly because I'm lazy and don't like doing dishes.  Anyway, the recipe she posted with it sounded like something my family would like.  I was scrolling through my Instagram bookmarks this past weekend to meal plan for the week and saw that post.  Tonight I had to drive carpool after football practice, so I wanted something easy for dinner.  This fit the bill since it gets prepped early and then just sits in the oven for several hours.

Jen Hatmaker's Barbecue Braised Beans and Chicken

This was a big hit, but it was definitely spicy.  I ended up using about half the can of chipotles mostly because I didn't want to scrape the seeds out of all the peppers and was worried using all of them would make it way too spicy.  I'm not a big barbecue bean fan, but these were really good.  Would definitely make it again!

Before going in the oven...



The finished product...



Sous Chef Jeff hoping to get a serving...



No comments: