Friday, November 26, 2010

I'm Not Dead!

Kind of a strange blog post, but it's been so long I figured some people might be wondering. I swear, once October hits things are absolutely nuts around here until about February. It's maddening, but there's no avoiding it. October brings birthdays for my mom, grandma, husband, cousin (although she lives on the east coast), and one of our nephews, our wedding anniversary, and Halloween. November is the baby's birthday and Halloween. December is busy for obvious reasons, but add in that most of the baby's friends have birthdays that month and it's even more busy. The boy's friends' birthdays all seem to start in January, so most weekends that month we're busy attending birthday parties. It's exhausting just hearing about it, isn't it??

So that's why I haven't been as diligent in updating my sad, neglected blog. We went to Las Vegas the weekend of November 12th which added in some craziness, along with me having strep throat the week before we went, then the husband got sick with that while we were in Vegas. My brother came to visit for the baby's second (!!!) birthday, now my in-laws are here for Thanksgiving. I feel like I haven't been doing much cooking (prior to yesterday) because we've been so busy. I do have some updates I want to do, including a review of the most amazing meal I've ever eaten and my first time ever hosting Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to get those done over the weekend, but we'll see.

I really just wanted to say hang in there, blog readers, and I'll be back to posting on a regular basis soon!! My kitchen is ridiculously stocked with food, so I'm thinking the next couple weeks will be a pantry/fridge/freezer challenge time for me so I can clear out some space everywhere. Seriously, you should have seen the pile of chicken breasts I wrapped up to freeze last week. It was almost comical.

I hope you all are having a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend, eating yummy food and enjoying time with loved ones!

No comments: