Monday, February 15, 2010

Rick Bayless' Crusty Chorizo and Black Bean Subs

I had made these sandwiches awhile back, and the husband and I both loved them. I mean really, it's a Rick Bayless recipe, so how can you really go wrong?! When I was doing my menu plan for next week I was trying to think of things I had on hand for he and I to have for our Friday date night dinner. I remembered some chorizo I had bought that needed to be used up soon, and I had bought a bunch of avocados because they were on sale for really cheap. I immediately thought of these sandwiches and knew we had to have them. Here's the link to my original post:

Ricky Bayless' Crusty Chorizo and Black Bean Subs

I took a picture of our sandwiches, but it's on my phone, and I need to email it to myself, then I'll add it. The only variation I made was that I had some leftover guacamole in the fridge from a couple nights prior, so I slathered that on there instead of sliced avocados. I also used feta for the cheese because it's what I had. It's hard to say whether this is my most favorite sandwich or the muffuletta. I can't decide. I guess one can win for warm sandwich and one can win for cold. :)

No comments: