Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Three Cheese Pasta Skillet

What a crazy week it's been, yet somehow it's gone by SO SLOW. I think it's moved slowly in anticipation of the husband being home for four days. The husband is out for the night with a friend, so I figured I'd update my blog since I've once again fallen behind. I'm hoping to have better time management skills in the new year. And a cleaner house, but that's a story for another time.

I'm not sure if I've ever posted this recipe on here. I used to make it pretty often when it was just the husband and me. I'm not sure why I quit, other than that I'm trying to not used processed foods, and cream of mushroom soup is high on the list of processed foods. I had extra french fried onions from the green bean casserole at Thanksgiving #2, so I thought this would be a good way to use them up. Plus I figured it was kid-friendly which I always like since it means no fights at dinner. The recipe was from the Campbell's website.

Three Cheese Pasta Skillet

3 cups uncooked corkscrew-shaped pasta
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
OR Campbell's® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup water
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded two-cheese blend
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 can (2.8 oz.) French's® French Fried Onions

1.COOK pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain.
2.MIX soup, water, pepper, cheeses and 2/3 cup onions in skillet. Heat to a boil.
3.ADD pasta and top with remaining onions. Cover and cook over low heat 2 min. or until hot.

*****

I add chicken when I make it, dice up two chicken breasts and cook them, then remove them from the skillet and start at step two, adding the chicken back in with the pasta. Although reading the recipe now I realized I didn't put the water in. Oops. We all really liked it, the baby had two or three helpings.

This isn't something I'll continue to make very often because of the cream of mushroom soup and the french fried onions--both of which I rarely have on hand--but it worked out great since I did have everything for it, and it comes together really easily, which is always a plus!

No comments: