Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lasagna

In an attempt to not have leftovers at the end of the week, I'm using something I found in our freezer. When my in-laws were here at Christmas, my MIL made lasagna for Christmas Eve dinner. We didn't eat all of it, and I didn't want it to go to waste, so I froze what was left. I had completely forgotten about it until I was looking for something in the freezer recently. I remembered it was there when I was figuring out meals for this week. I wanted something easy tonight since the husband has his class at church, so I got this out to thaw and will just throw it in the oven when dinner gets closer. Shoot, I just remembered I was going to defrost a loaf of bread dough to make along with this, but now there won't be enough time before dinner.

Here's the recipe my MIL uses for her lasagna. It's kind of cool in that she does the meat as a separate layer on top--meatballs and sausage--instead of having a meat sauce.

Aurelia's Lasagna

No comments: