Thursday, February 17, 2011

Freezer Inventory

Oh my gosh...my freezers are out of control! I just did an inventory to see what all I have on hand, and I've decided I'm not allowed to buy anything (aside from frozen veggies when we run out and waffles for my kids) until they've been mostly emptied. It's ridiculous. It's beyond ridiculous actually. My cookbook project might have to get put on hold a bit so I can use up some stores of what I have. Or maybe I should extra challenge myself to stick with it and still use up what I have already. Don't believe me that it's out of control? Here's my list:

Guacamole - 2 packages
Organic ground beef - 1 lb.
Grilled veggies
Vegetable egg rolls
Mango chunks
Meatballs
Strawberries
Chicken breasts - 11
Churros
Tortilla soup
Clam chowder
Chicken carcass (note to self: buy celery to make stock)
Chicken tenders - 5 lbs.
Slider buns
Cube steak
Cod
Sweet potato fries
Almonds
Pea pods
Pork roast - 2 (1.5 lb each)
Cranberries
Peas
Broccoli
Chipotles
King cake (that will be consumed this weekend)
Vegetarian sausage
Chicken stock
Boca burgers
Fish sticks
Pork chops - 3 (packages with 3 chops each)
Cauliflower
Green beans
Tomatoes
Brussel sprouts
Sicilian sausage
Shrimp - 2 lbs.
Gumbo
Catfish
Ahi tuna steaks
Turkey (yes, a whole turkey)
Italian sausage
Chicken thighs
Turkey stock
Black bean soup

See? I'm not kidding. It's kind of nice putting this list here because I can always come back and cross things off it as I use them. My mind is swimming with ideas for what I can do to use up some of this stuff, but if you have any good ideas for any of it, please leave me a comment with your suggestion!

Boy #1's birthday is Sunday, and we ordered an ice cream cake for his party on Saturday. At this point, I have no idea where I'm going to store it between Friday night when I pick it up and his party on Saturday. Yikes!

1 comment:

Eva said...

lol i am in the process of moving. one of the major projects was trying to use up everything in the fridge and freezer. it took like a month of really strange random meals for every meal to get most of it used up. good luck!