Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cookbook Project Update

Just wanted to check in that I haven't made anything remarkable lately. In fact, the cookbook I used last week I think I'm going to get rid of. The recipes I've made from it that I like are already on here and nothing we tried last week was noteworthy. It was Southern Living's Light and Easy Comfort Food. I was pretty disappointed because up until last week, the recipes I'd made from it were all pretty good, but it's just not worth having a cookbook I don't like or really need taking up precious space on my cookbook bookshelf. So, adios, Light and Easy Comfort Food! Perhaps you'll find a good home somewhere else.



This week I didn't choose a cookbook, I was trying to use up things I had on hand or that required minimal ingredients. yet somehow I still managed to spend $90 on my weekly grocery trip. Ouch. I thought at first it was just because I didn't take the time to meal plan effectively (i.e. plan based on what was on sale) or use coupons or because my list wasn't very thorough and I bought a few impulse items, but then my friend Jen pointed out that produce prices are higher because of all the freezes and prices of regular food have gone up with the hike in gas prices. That made me feel a little better, but I still hate spending that much and feeling like I didn't come home with $90 worth of food.

No comments: