Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Chicken Stir Fry

After our mini-vacation this weekend, I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things yesterday and forgot to post my recipe! We ate and drank like royalty this weekend and are now paying the price, weight-wise. In fact I need to rethink what we're having tonight. It was going to be lasagna, but I think that's going to have to wait.

Chicken stir fry is one of the dinners we have pretty often because it's cheap and easy. Plus I had all the stuff on hand for it which worked out since I was trying to save money on groceries again this week.

Chicken Stir Fry
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables
1/2 to 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
cornstarch for thickening, if desired
rice

Slice chicken breast into bite size pieces, saute in skillet or wok. Once cooked, add bag of veggies, cover to help veggies cook faster. Add in sauce, stir to coat, let cook together for a few minutes. If you like a thicker sauce, mix in some cornstarch. Serve over rice.

*****

That's it! I buy a big thing of Yoshida's Teriyaki Sauce at Costco, so that's what I use. I added some cornstarch last night and really liked it. I also put a little sesame oil in the skillet before cooking the chicken, give it a little extra flavor. Like I said, I love making this because it's fast and cheap. The veggies are usually $1 to $1.50 at my grocery, and since I always have chicken, teriyaki sauce, and rice on hand, it's super cheap.

Gotta go revamp my dinner plan for the week to come up with something better for us than lasagna tonight. I'll be back later today!

No comments: