Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pastor Ryan's Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp

We used to eat shrimp all the time. Then the husband found out his cholesterol was high, and in researching good and bad foods for high cholesterol I found out that shrimp are REALLY REALLY high in cholesterol. So we stopped eating it. Oh how I miss it!! I love shrimp so much. I have some good shrimp recipes I've missed making as well--especially my Shrimp Creole. Well, a grocery store in my area had raw shrimp (my preferred way to buy them) on sale this past week for $2.99 a pound. $2.99 a pound!!! I couldn't resist at that price. I bought four pounds. I may have gone a little overboard, but I already have plans for each pound that I bought.

I'd been really wanting to try this recipe from the Pioneer Woman website, but since we weren't eating shrimp I didn't think it was in the cards for me. Not anymore!!! Jen B. made it and really liked it, and now I'm so excited we're going to have it too!

(So, I was going to take the easy way out and copy the recipe from Jen's blog, but when I looked it up I saw she took the easier way out and just did a link to the recipe on the PW website. I think I'll be a super copycat and do the same thing!)

Pastor Ryan's Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp

I'm going to make some brown rice to go with it and steam some broccoli. Should be a yummy dinner!!

No comments: