Monday, February 4, 2008

Sloppy Joes

So, did everyone have a nice weekend? I forgot to say that we were going to Houston for our nephew's birthday. We left Friday and got home last night. It was so fun, I love my niece and nephews so much! Will had a great time playing with his cousins, and my in-laws were there, too, so he got to spend time with his Texas grandparents whom he doesn't get to see very often. A good time was had by all.

Now it's back to our regular routine. I'm trying to use up some stuff we have on hand this week, so tonight is sloppy joes. It seems like we just had these, but when I went to copy the recipe it was about two months ago. Or I used different tags and made it more recently. ;)

Sloppy Joes
1 pound hamburger (or one box Boca grounds)
1 can Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup
1-2 cups ketchup, depending on taste (or how sloppy you like them)

Brown hamburger in skillet. Add in chicken gumbo soup, gradually add in ketchup until mixture reaches desired consistency/sloppiness. Serve on hamburger buns.

*****

I love sloppy joes...so tasty and so easy! We're having crinkle fries with it and probably some kind of vegetable. I'm trying lately to make sure we have a vegetable with dinner every night. Oh! Maybe I could sneak in some sweet potato puree. I bet that would work! But we'll still have a vegetable. :)

No comments: