Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chicken and Rice

Tonight's my photography class, so we're having a crockpot dinner. I had marked this as one I wanted to try and had most everything for it already, so I figured we'd give it a shot. Normally I don't like making rice in my crockpot because it just doesn't ever turn out well--it's always over-cooked. But, I'm giving it a try again.

Chicken and Rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package dry onion soup mix
2-1/2 cups water
1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
6 ozs boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
1/4 tsp black pepper

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 5-6 hours, stir occasionally.

*****

To me, six ounces of chicken didn't seem like that much, so I put in three chicken breasts. I also cut the water back to just two cups. I figured I could add more later if I needed to, but whenever I use a crockpot recipe that calls for water, it ends up being too soupy. I need to go check on it and stir, it's been in for about 90 minutes so far.

No comments: